chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up chevron-right chevron-left arrow-back star phone quote checkbox-checked search wrench info shield play connection mobile coin-dollar spoon-knife ticket pushpin location gift fire feed bubbles home heart calendar price-tag credit-card clock envelop facebook instagram twitter youtube pinterest yelp google reddit linkedin envelope bbb pinterest homeadvisor angies

Headache and Migraine Relief Specialists in Lanham, MD

Headaches are one of the most prevalent medical issues amongst Americans today. Headaches can stem from eyestrain, diet, illness, or even spinal or cervical misalignments. Migraines, when chronic, can disrupt your entire life and make your day-to-day activities difficult to complete. At Effective Chiropractic PG County, we have over a decade of experience treating neck pain and spinal subluxations that can all play a major role in how often you have migraines. Our team has a passion for helping those in need. You can rest assured we have proven techniques and treatments that will bring you relief. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.

Hispanic man with headache

Factors That Cause Headaches and Migraines

The National Institute of Health reports that over 28 million Americans suffer from headaches on an ongoing basis. Chronic headaches can be a “red flag” for a more serious condition. Headaches are your body’s way of communicating something is wrong. By taking pain medication to cover up the symptom, you can cause more problems later down the road. 95% of headaches are caused by muscle tension from poor posture, automobile injuries, including whiplash, and TMJ. The other 5% is caused by foods and environmental stresses.

Women with headache pain

Cervical Headaches

Cervical headaches, in particular, have a tell-tale subtle, increasingly worse throbbing and can be caused by subluxation or misalignment of the vertebrae in your neck. The discs that buffer each bone in your upper torso can become damaged due to poor posture, trauma from an accident, or disease. When this occurs, it can cause the discs to degenerate and bulge, pressing the nerves in the region and causing inflammation and pain. While over-the-counter pain relief medicine, rest, and cold compresses can temporarily stop a minor headache, the root of the issue is still there and could trigger another episode shortly after. It’s important to get an expert diagnosis and examination by a licensed chiropractic who will help you finally get long-lasting relief to those pain debilitating chronic headaches and migraines. If you’ve tried to relieve the constant pain and discomfort you feel due to headaches with no success, contact the medical staff at Effective Chiropractic PG County. We can diagnose your discomfort and ensure you get the relief you need.

How Our Chiropractic Treatments Can Help

At Effective Chiropractic PG County, we offer treatments that can align your spine, alleviate your pain, improve your mobility, and allow your body to heal. Studies have shown that ongoing chiropractic care can have a significant impact on lowering the frequency and intensity of migraines. We offer both spinal alignments and muscle therapy to ensure your body supports your spine, head, and neck correctly and alleviates the pinching of nerves and inflammation that is common in patients who have chronic headaches. Contact us today to find out if our chiropractic migraine treatments are right for you.

Receive a Free Consultation

If you or someone you love is suffering from constant headaches or migraines, our team at Effective Chiropractic PG County can provide relief. We offer non-invasive therapies and treatments that can ease your discomfort, restore your posture and mobility, and lower the frequency of your migraines. We also offer dry needling, massage, spinal alignment treatments, stretches and strengthening exercises, decompression therapy and more. We accept many forms of insurance and our prices are very competitive. Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation.

Schedule Your Free Consultation Today!