The Basics of Physical Therapy
Whether you have suffered injuries from a car accident, are recovering from a sports injury, or in search of improved mobility, Effective Chiropractic’s physical therapy services can help.
Physical therapy seeks to mitigate pain, improve bodily function, and increase your day-to-day comfort. By focusing on your holistic body, its particular movements, and any weaknesses it may have, the overarching goal of physical therapy is to strengthen your body to ensure sustainable and long-term health.
Effective Chiropractic Physical Therapy Services
At Effective Chiropractic, the first step in our physical therapy journey is to provide a free consultation. We will observe any issues you may have and examine your body’s reactions to particular exercises. After a consultation, we provide you with a customized recovery treatment plan. This plan may involve the following services and strategies:
- Decompression: As a form of therapy that focuses on the spine, spinal decompression involves extensive stretching of the back either manually or via a traction table. This strategy improves mobility and is vital to long-term physical health. As a form of decompression, we also provide manual and mechanical traction therapy. This service can be applied to the neck or back and is primarily used for pinched nerves and disc related issues like sciatica, disc bulges, disc herniations, and slipped discs.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation: Although not suitable for everyone’s physical therapy, EMP is used to contract muscles that need strengthening, decrease focused pain, and provide spasm relief.
- Hydromassage: As a non-invasive physical therapy technique, hydromassage utilizes pulsing hot water to provide a controlled, heated massage to the most affected regions of your body. Don’t like getting wet? This technique is achieved by laying on top of a covered bed of water pressure.
- Active Release Therapy: Active Release Therapy, or ART, is a form of soft tissue therapy that relieves tension. Typically used by athletes whose injuries are caused by overuse, ART helps remove adhesions and/or fibrosis.
- Graston Technique: Similar to ART, the Graston Technique is focused on providing soft tissue relief. Specifically, it is used after invasive surgeries to remove the outstanding effects of scar tissue.
- Therapeutic Exercises: Ingrained in each and every physical therapy journey are muscle-focused exercises designed to strengthen your body and improve mobilization. At Effective Chiropractic, we also give you the tools necessary to complete such exercises on your own time
- Manual Therapy: Although our physical therapy clinic offers state-of-the-art technologies, we also provide manual therapy to relieve tightness and strain.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound: Meant to relieve pain within muscles, tendons, and joints, therapeutic ultrasound takes advantage of heat to relax your body.
Choose Effective Chiropractic
With state-of-the-art facilities and resources, a dedicated and professional team that has served Lanham and the surrounding area for more than a decade, and personalized physical therapy training plans, Effective Chiropractic is here to help you on your road to recovery. We work with most insurance companies and provide free consultations, and are dedicated to providing accessible services to all. Schedule an appointment today.